Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 6 / More than half way over :(

I think Brady is finally getting used to the time change, of course just in time to almost go home! He slept until 6:30AM this morning. I didn't have any set plans for today, I just wanted to take it slow today. We hung around and just relaxed for most of the morning. This meant that Brady ran back and forth to our room and my parents room screaming, went on the balcony and tried to throw everything off it, ran into the bedroom and bathroom and shut all the doors, and got into a lot of other stuff too. Brady has really started RUNNING these past 6 days - he is SUPER fast and i'm really NOT joking about that either! He is definitely taking after his mom and dad with the sprinting jeans.... he's loving every minutes of it, he laughs so much when he's running!

At 9AM my mom and I decided to make flower leis so Brady hung out with Chris and took a nap. The flower lei making class was kinda cheezy (like the ankle bracelet class) but it was fun to do with my mom. I thought they would have better flowers, we used carnations... so weird! I have never seen a lei made out of carnations but I guess that's what you get for $11.

After the lei class we came back to the room and decided to head to the beach/pool! On our way there we stopped to get clean/dry beach towels and Chris asked the attendant about the display of sunglasses they have on the desk. Well the guy told us that they are Maui Jim sunglasses (this meant NOTHING to me because I hate sun glasses and I never wear them). So the guy and Chris were talking sunglasses and ends up you can wear a pair for 30-60 minutes to test them out to see if you like them. So as they were talking I figured I would try a pair on because they had a style that I could see myself liking. Well once I put them on I realized that this is what a "real" pair of sunglasses are.... not like the $5 ones I get from the flea market. Maui Jim sunglasses feature a Polarized Plus2 lens - I know my brother has polarized lens sunglasses and Chris talked about getting a pair but after putting these sunglasses on I realized what I was missing!!!! So I signed out a really cute pair for the 30 minutes and we headed to the beach. OH MY GOD, I couldn't believe how clear/crisp everything looked! I could see INTO the ocean - I kept taking the sunglasses on and off to see the difference. I was totally sold - we decided to get the sunglasses.... we never splurge on anything for ourselves (we planned this Hawaii trip on a budget, and YES its possible). These sunglasses have NONE of the features that I HATE about every other pair of sunglasses that I have had before. It's seriously like you don't even have sunglasses on, I never liked how the glasses made everything dark - that always bothered my eyes.... these are NOTHING like that.... i'm in LOVE!

Ok, so after we played at the beach and bought our wonderful sunglasses we decided to hit the pool. Oh since we bought the sunglasses the resort hooked us up with some free stuff for the remainder of our stay, damn we should have bought the sunglasses on day 1!!!! They gave Chris free snorkel gear until we leave and we are going to get one of the gazebo's to use tomorrow by the pool!

There were a lot of little kiddies in the kiddie pool today, Brady made a friend.... a 19 month old boy named Meyer. I was talking to Meyer's mother and it's really funny how alike Brady and Meyer are! Brady caught the parents attention because we had all of these pool toys for Brady and I just got back from buying him this little hippo tube thingy that he was taking from this little girl but he wanted NOTHING to do with any of it. He had a ROCK and a PAPER CUP in his hand and he was sooooo happy! Well ends up that Meyer was playing with the same thing in the pool earlier today!

After Brady had enough at the pool we decided to go to the pool bar/grill for some lunch. When we were done with lunch Chris went to relax by the pool and I took Brady to the lobby because they were having a "build-a-bear" workshop for the kiddies. Brady made this really cool frog with a lei on it! He got a kick out of the whole thing, he had to put 3 hearts in the bear because he just thought it was so much fun!

Now it was nap time for Brady - but, just like Brady he decided that he was NOT going to sleep! Brady gets really cranky/angry when he's tired but can't fall asleep. Chris was back from the pool at this point so we decided that we would take Brady for a ride in the Jeep with the top down! We thought he might get a kick out of it. He did!!!! We liked it too because after about 2 minutes of being in the car he fell asleep! We went for a ride and then I had to stop at a store to pick up something, Brady slept the whole time... He woke up on our way back to the resort.

We got back and Chris had to put the top back up on the Jeep so I brought Brady upstairs - he was all riled up so my mom took him for a walk. I relaxed for a little bit then had to get ready for dinner. The resort was hosting an all you can eat crab fest. My dad LOVES crab so we decided to go. Ends up the crab was not as good as we thought it would be. It was cold and very dry.... oh well! Now we know for next time.... yes, there NEEDS to be a next time! :)

Now we are just relaxing before going to bed! Tomorrow is our last full day in Maui - how sad! We are thinking about doing a very short version of the Road to Hana tomorrow - it will be a great way to see some waterfalls and maybe get Brady in a natural pool!? We'll see!!

XOXO
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment